Nearly 75% of the US population is deficient in magnesium.
- You may be at risk for magnesium deficiency if you:
- Are over 55 years old
- Regularly consume carbonated beverages, pastries, desserts, and other sweet foods
- Experience a lot of stress or have undergone major medical procedures
- Drink coffee, tea, or other caffeinated drinks daily
- Take certain medications, such as diuretics, heart medications, asthma medications, birth control pills, or estrogen replacement therapy
- Drink more than seven alcoholic beverages per week
- Take calcium supplements without magnesium or with a less than 1:1 ratio of calcium to magnesium
- Experience anxiety, hyperactivity, or difficulty sleeping
- Have muscle spasms, cramps, or twitches
- Adequate magnesium intake can provide the following benefits:
- Increased bone strength
- Reduction of stress and anxiety
- Improved mood and protection against depression
- Support for healthy blood sugar and blood pressure levels
- Support for heart health
- Relief from headaches and migraines
- Relief from muscle pain, cramps, and twitches
- Improved skin hydration
- Faster wound healing
- Enhanced skin barrier function
- Decreased inflammation
- Increased levels of DHEA
- To use, apply a desired amount of the lotion into a cupped hand and rub it into the skin thoroughly.
- Repeat as needed according to your treatment plan, and pay extra attention to any areas that require it.
- Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion is a smooth, quickly absorbed emulsion made with magnesium chloride and certified organic oils.
- It is fragrance-free, paraben-free, and does not contain phenoxyethanol.
- It has a gentler concentration of magnesium chloride than other magnesium oil or gel products, making it suitable for sensitive skin.