Acupuncture in Austin, TX at DEEP Relief
Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese therapy, used to treat many conditions – particularly chronic and persistent pain. DEEP Relief is one of the premier providers of acupuncture in Austin, Texas, led by Louisa Tomaio and her team of trained acupuncturists. To schedule your acupuncture appointment, please click on the Book Now button above or call today at 512-529-0027.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a type of needle therapy. The client is placed in a specific position (sometimes lying down on their back, but it depends on the treatment points), and the acupuncturist places very thin needles in special, targeted areas that relate to your chronic pain.
These needles then trigger the release of several hormones in the body, like endorphins, which are the same hormones that the body uses to decrease pain, improve mood, and more. At DEEP Relief, we use acupuncture to address several common ailments, including:
- Pain Management
- Stress and Muscle Tension
- Headaches and Migraines
- Anxiety and Depression
Main Reasons Why Acupuncture Might Not Have Worked For You In THe Past:
- Your acupuncturist did not apply the correct treatment style of for your particular ailment
- Most acupuncturist do not specialize, they are initially trained like general practitioners in western medicine
Our Acupuncturists Specialize in Pain Management and Muscle Tension!
Types of Acupuncture We Offer:
Within Acupuncture there are different styles of acupuncture that can be used to achieve different goals.
Make sure you know what type of symptom you are aiming to treat then talk with your Acupuncture Physician to decide what style of treatment is right for you. Often it is necessary to test the different styles on a new patient to see which one your body responds best to. Here at DEEP Relief, we offer three types of acupuncture to address common ailments:
Acupuncture is one of the most powerful natural, non-pharmaceutical treatments in the world, trusted for millennia and now made available in the West. We use only those methods that have been backed by scientific theory to ensure that each treatment is as effective as possible.
How Many Units Of Time Do I Need?
That depends on a few factors. Below are some basic guidelines and suggestions. You are always welcome to contact a staff Acupuncturist to discuss before booking if you are unsure. Note that 1 unit of time is equal to 15 minutes.
- First Acupuncture Treatment with DR: Minimum 1-2 unit to go over your goals and medical history, and any additional units that you may need to address your particular symptoms
- Dry Needling or Motor Point Acupuncture: 1 Unit per body area (best for muscle tension)(Ex: Left shoulder = 1 unit; Both Shoulders = 2 units)
- DNA: 2-3 units (best for joint pain & Neuropathy, Headaches, Migraines, Anxiety and stress)
- Electroacupuncture: 2-3 Units (Chronic pain)
- Cupping: 1-2 Units (Muscle tension & injury recovery)
We Suggest 3-4 units for first time patients to allow time to go over paperwork, medical history and to be able to answer any questions you may have before receiving your first treatment with us. Once you have established your goals for future treatments you will likely only need 1-2 units per treatment going forward.
Schedule Your Austin Acupuncture Appointment
DEEP Relief provides effective, comfortable acupuncture that uses only time tested practices to provide much needed pain relief. If you’ve never enjoyed acupuncture before, our team will make sure that you are thoroughly ready for the procedure, and we’ll go out of our way to make it as relaxing as possible. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call today at 512-529-0027.